Update on Coronavirus – September 2020
- As at 24 Sept 2020.
New measures have been introduced across the North East, including in our constituency, to try and bring down the rising number of Coronavirus cases. New nationwide guidance has also been introduced, but please note the local measures override those.
Local lockdown Regulations now ban the following:
- People must not socialise with other people outside of their own households or support bubble in private homes and gardens
- Hospitality for food and drink will be restricted to table service only
- Late night restriction of operating hours will be introduced, with leisure and entertainment venues (including pubs and restaurants) required to close between 10pm to 5am
People are also advised to adhere to the following guidance to further reduce rates of infection:
- Not to socialise with other people outside of their own households in all public venues
- Only to use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work
- Take holidays only within your own household or support bubble
- Avoid attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators
Information from Sunderland City Council, including FAQs, can be found here:
Full guidance from the Government can be found here:
On 22 September, the Government also announced new nationwide measures to suppress the virus, including:
- Customers in private hire vehicles and taxis must wear face coverings.
- Customers in hospitality venues must wear face coverings, except when seated at a table to eat or drink. Staff in hospitality and retail will now also be required to wear face coverings
- To help contain the virus, office workers who can work effectively from home should do so over the winter.
- Businesses selling food or drink (including cafes, bars, pubs and restaurants), social clubs, casinos, bowling alleys, amusement arcades (and other indoor leisure centres or facilities), funfairs, theme parks, adventure parks and activities, and bingo halls, must be closed between 10pm and 5am. This will include takeaways but delivery services can continue after 10pm.
- In licensed premises, food and drink must be ordered from, and served at, a table.
The full guidance can be found here:
The latest NHS information and advice on Coronavirus can be found here:
I know that this is a difficult time for many people, and I want to assure constituents that I am doing everything I can to get as much information from Government as possible. It is vitally important that everyone plays their part in reducing infection rates and protecting our NHS by adhering to these measures.
Where such action has been taken in other areas cases have gone down, so it is really important that we do the same in the coming days and weeks. I know that some people have been experiencing difficulty in accessing tests for Coronavirus. If any constituents have found that to be the case, please do let me know and I will raise it directly with the Government.
Please email me at: email@example.com
Please include your full home address details.