Sharon Hodgson MP

Working hard for Washington and Sunderland West.

Police matters

Police Matters

Always dial 999 to report an emergency.

For non-emergencies, please dial 101, or > report an incident online >.

Please report criminal incidents to the Police, as this can help them to build a pattern for investigation.

To stay up to date with policing matters in our area, you can sign up for > Northumbria Connected >

'Northumbria Connected' it s a new tool to ensure that the service is delivering on issues that affect all communities across the North East:

Complaints against the Police.

Northumbria Police complaints website

Escalated complaints:

Please contact the: >
 Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) oversees the police complaints system in England and Wales.

Police and Crime Commissioner

Office of the Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner >

Whistleblowing advice

Protect whistleblowing charity (formerly Public Concern at Work) is the UK's independent authority on public interest whistleblowing.

Advice from "Protect" - advice for whistleblowers >

Back to top of page >

Back to Sharon's main Advice page >

The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.

Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.

To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.