Sharon Hodgson MP is looking to recruit a temporary, part-time Parliamentary Office Assistant to join her team in the Westminster Office.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED FOR THIS JOB ADVERT AND NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED NOW*
The successful candidate will join a hard-working team supporting the work of the Shadow Minister for Children and MP for Washington and Sunderland West.
The salary offered will be in line with the IPSA Pay Scale.
They will be responsible for assisting with the successful running of a busy Parliamentary office, together with two full-time members of staff. Duties will include:
- Dealing with and monitoring incoming telephone and visitor enquiries, responding to e-mails and letters, efficient data and file management;
- Opening and dispatching mail;
- Drafting political responses to constituent letters, and keeping records on the CFL Caseworker database;
- Undertaking photocopying, scanning and formatting of documents;
- Assisting with the running of All Party Parliamentary Groups (APPG);
- Ensuring office records are kept and an efficient filing system is in place and up to date;
- Adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respecting the confidentiality of data at all times;
- Liaising on behalf of Member with relevant groups/personnel at Westminster and within the Constituency, including liaison with outside organisations and the general public;
- Performing other duties as and when required.
Knowledge of Computer for Labour programmes as well as Microsoft Office would be an advantage, but training can be provided. Previous experience of working for a Labour politician would also be beneficial, but is not essential.
This post is temporary, part-time (20 hours from Mon - Thurs) for six months.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See www.w4mp.org/html/msvo/main.asp for further info.
The deadline for application is the 28th January 2016. Interviews will take place on Thursday 4th February, with an anticipated start date for the successful candidate during March, to be confirmed with the successful candidate. If you anticipate a problem with either the interview or start dates, please make this clear when you apply.
To apply, please send a short covering letter (maximum 1 side of A4) and CV (maximum of 2 sides of A4) to [xxxxx] with the subject line: POA Vacancy 2016.